Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Colour Challenge

Pictures/previews for this page have been removed due to Designers retiring and stores closing

A couple of years ago, when Rina Kroes was part of the 'World Scrapping Tour', she hosted a colour challenge for the 'Rainbow Nation' as a South African designer. Every day Rina had a colour grabbag on her blog and we were challenged to make a LO using mostly items from the grabbags.

I totally enjoyed this and here is my selection of LO's. I focused on the colours in 'my world', my immediate surroundings.

No doubt I would do lots of things differently if I were to do this now, but I still like these and intend to include them in a book, to be printed when the rest of the LO's are -one day!- done!

All items are by Rina unless otherwise noted. I kept a few items consistent : multi pictures, the piece of cardboard, the notepaper, an alpha to spell the colour with, the date stamp and the paper clip.

The Ribbon Brush is by Keri Schueller.



Blue Glitter Alpha is by Misty Cato, and the frayed edges brush by Erica Hite.


The Green Stained Wood Alpha by Misty Cato.




Template by Julie Kelley, Autumn Grunge Alpha by Misty Cato.



I feel inspired, all over again, when I look at this....I'm such a 'sucker' for colour....

2 comments:

Deborah said...

These are gorgeous layouts. Wow! I really like them and wouldn't it be neat if she would do that challenge again! Hint, hint!

Debbie said...

WOW!!! I am sorry I missed this! Your pages are lovely!