Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Owl Family!

Well a paper owl family anyway! I quickly whipped up this set of cards to have handy for a quick note. I find I am far more likely to write a note if I have a card and nice stationery ready to go. I know it isn't necessary but that is just what I prefer. I've been known to write on toilet tissue/paper when nothing else was on hand (you have to be careful not to tear it, I might add), but I do prefer 'nicer stuff'

I made the set in matching colours. After all they are likely to go to different homes and that way it is much quicker to make a set.



I used a cut file set by Designs on Cloud 9 called  "Owl Cards"
The cut files can be found here (back to front, left to right)
Owl 1
Owl 2
Owl 3
Owl 4

These come with a card base of 4"x 4" I kept the size of the owls as they were, but added them to a standard size card to allow room for the sentiments. I used the 'Happy Messages' stamp set by Stampendous that I picked up at my local Michaels store.

These work so well for both inside and outside the cards and I really like the fonts/script used for these.





I decided to make green envelopes for these although kraft would be a great choice too. I used the WeRMemory Keepers Envelope Punchboard to make the envelopes.







I guess they were intended to fly the nest, but I think they should stick around here a little longer while I enjoy looking at them! They make me smile!




No comments: