Sunday, January 11, 2015

Year of Projects Week 02



I did manage to finish 2 full squares on the afghan this week. That means a total of 8 done and #9 is almost halfway there already. The old black an white film of 'Anne Of Green Gables' was on TV. Perfect for a Sunday evening's knitting by the wood stove!
I figured I would need at least 15 blocks to get a nice size (these block at 12" square) and with adding a border it should be just right.

I also started on the aqua/blue/green scarf. I tried to use the markers, but they kept getting in my way.



Besides, the pattern is pretty easy so I put those away and continued on. I actually got more done on this. This picture was taken on the 7th. I hope the longer circular needles I ordered come soon or I shall have to put this project on the ice until it does!

I'm really liking the yarn. The colours are gorgeous and it is so deliciously soft. I'm sure it will wear wonderfully warm and comfortable. I'm using Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable and the colour is 'Dragonfly'


Maybe by next week I'll have longer needles and can post updated pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the blocks all together and that yarn has wonderful dragonfly colours in it.

Lucy Bowen said...

Well it is looking beautiful. I hope you get your needles soon and I'm looking forward to seeing your afghan.

keri said...

I hope your needles arrive soon! Looking forward to seeing the finished item.

Iris said...

The scarf looks great - what beautiful colours! And I'm looking forward to seeing the afgan.

Anonymous said...

beautiful colour yarns...looking forward to watching your progress xx