Saturday, February 28, 2015

Year of Projects Week 09

Not much to show as far as pictures go for this week.

I finished the test knit, and will show the pictures as soon as the pattern releases. I'm very pleased with the results, that much I can tell you.

The blanket in progress is growing nicely. I just started on ball #7 (out of the 10 that I have), but really it looks just the same. I may still get used to the thick needles and yarn.
The log cabin block afghan is still on ice until I can buy more yarn to make it bigger.

I did however finish another 3D snowflake -White Majesty- and since this is a project of doing something every month for a year, I figured I'll add it to this list for tracking here too. I will add it to the 'master list as well. Updated and added to the bottom of this post.



I'm looking at what I've done and what I have in the works so I can plan for March. the first thing to finish will be crocheted scarf, then I have at least one 'fun' project to do. Just something for a smile and a giggle. More details on that when I get to it. It is a surprise 'smile gift' for a friend.



My Year Of Projects  To Do list


My list is very flexible I’m ‘afraid’ I’m forever changing my mind mid-stride ;)
  • I hope to make at least 6 Feel Better Friend Dolls ( the yarn arrived late January) -sample one done -the rest are 'on ice' for know, possibly indefinitely)

  • I would like to finish the afghan started early in December (that's the one featured above -log cabin block squares) Coming along with 12 blocks done. 12-15 for the final count with some borders also to be added. This will take  while yet, as I need more yarn to make more blocks.

  • I want to knit 2 pairs of socks 
  • I need to knit a blue/aqua scarf for myself Finished this January 31st.

  • At least 3 pairs of flip-top mittens (2 will be gifts) I changed this to 2 pairs of mittens and one scarf (which is crocheted and I have already started on it), Started a pair of (fingerless) mittens the third week of February.-Finished- (Ravelry test knitting)
  • Set of 12 3D snowflakes, from the book 'Dimensional Snowflakes' Making them 1 per month at least.
Done :  01 Crown Jewels, 02 White Majesty,



5 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

I love the snowflake!! Your smile project sounds intriguing - can't wait to see what it is!

Sam I Am...... said...

The snowflake is absolutely a work of art and looks very complicated. The doll is such a great idea and I may have to do some of those if I ever catch up on my preemie hats. LOL! They are so cute and what a great cause.
Your log cabin sounds great too...I can't wait to see it. You have some really interesting projects! So glad you're here!

Sam I Am...... said...

I left a comment before and it didn't "take"...just saying that I loved the doll; great cause and would love to see the log cabin and the snowflake 3-dimensional is out of this world!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

White Majesty is awesome! I'm curious about how you stiffen your crochet. I tried sugar water and I tried "Stiffen Stuff" spray but I wasn't really pleased with either. Got any pro tips?

Charne said...

Well I'm not sure about 'pro tips' but in the past I've used epsom salts (soaking your piece in a saturated solution of epsom salts before pinning it out) and my grandma always used sugar water. I've not liked the results I got from using starch, so I just use the half/half mixture of glue and water. Ordinary white school glue. For the 3D's I've been using a little bit more glue than water mix. I like that this mixture allows the item to keep it's shape, without being so stiff that he stiffening cracks/breaks if bumped, it is actually quite 'bendy' but bounces right back. HTH!