Friday, May 22, 2015

Gift Box... a Guy Thing

I recently made this gift box for a dear friend who was having a birthday. I had no idea what to give him...but figured chocolates seldom go to waste. But I wanted something 'nice' to put it in. I like to try and make something a man might actually like...

SVG Cuts to the rescue! YAY!



I made the little suitcase from the Summer Holiday collection, using AC cardstock and papers from Prima's 'Script' pack. The stamps are 'Come Away With Me' by Hampton Art, that co-ordinates with the Graphic 45's 'Come Away With Me Collection' (I bought the paper and stamps from Blitsy btw)




Some embossing details on the decorative panels



I should have made the handle from a double layer of cardstock, and darkened the edges...that would have been better I think.



and stuffed with chocolates. 
Yum




Over all I was pretty pleased with the result.

The SVG Collection I used - Summer Holiday 


No comments: