Well I was doing the weekly posting for YOP, but that just seemed unnecessarily tedious to me, so I decided, after 3 months, to change over to a once-a-month update. Besides, some days/weeks I don't get much done anyway LOL
And then this month was busy with other important family 'things'. I hope May will be 'better'
During the month of April I...
Started adding a single 'log' of light around the blocks on the afghan. By April 10th I had run out of yarn (with 7 blocks done)
I finally got more yarn (after finding empty shelves on one occasion! Ugh.) But by the end of April I had gotten this far with those lighter strips. 4 more blocks need a single light coloured 'log' each still, then I can join them and start on the border. Slightly blurry picture...hmmmm.
and while there was tennis to watch (Miami Open) I knitted a scarf from an 'odd' ball of yarn I had hanging around. This will make a fine gift I think! This is the 'Quilted Lattice Ascot' This knits up super quick though...not nearly enough for the tennis LOL
The light washed this picture out a bit, but I do like the details of the stitches!
I also finally boxed up the gift scarf:
And did make the 3D Snowflake for the month Prince Charming
I wonder why I suddenly have blurry pictures? I'm not happy about that!
So let me recap my list :
My Year Of Projects To Do list
My list is very flexible I’m ‘afraid’ I’m forever changing my mind mid-stride ;)
- I would like to finish the afghan started early in December (that's the one featured above) Coming along with 12 blocks done. 12-15 for the final count with some borders also to be added. This will take while yet, as I need more yarn to make more blocks. I got more yarn and the afghan is 'growing' once more.
- I want to knit 2 pairs of socks -yarn bought for first pair, just need to decide on pattern. Decided on the pattern, was waiting for the new reading glasses. These finally arrived yesterday, so maybe I can finally make a start on these!
- At least 3 pairs of flip-top mittens (2 will be gifts) I changed this to 2 pairs of mittens and one scarf (which is crocheted and I have finished it - needs to be blocked), Yarn bought for the first pair of flip tops (yay)
- Completed 4 pairs of fingerless mittens (all test knits)
- Set of 12 3D snowflakes, from the book 'Dimensional Snowflakes' Making them 1 per month at least. (4 done)
- Smile project (mystery ;-) ) hoping the new pattern will work! - haven't tried the new pattern yet.