Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sending Hugs....

I recently realized that this is definitely my favourite type of card to make. So was extra pleased to find this 'Bench Set' stamp set in my 'Challenge Winner' package from Art Impressions






I coloured the image with colour pencils and fussy cut around it, leaving a 'ground line' for the bottom.




I also cut a circular shape from the card base, large enough to frame the image and adhered the image to the base edge of the card base.



Inside I fitted a concertina folded piece of card stock that will keep the card open while also providing a base for it to stand on. I coloured this piece with sprays of alcohol ink. I the added another piece of card, coloured with the same green sprays and cut into a grassy slope at the back of the card to add a bit of a background to the overall picture.




The final step was adding a sentiment (this one is from the same set) to the front in a banner fashion. 




I really like how the card displays and I hope it will serve as an encouragement to a loved one who is going through a difficult season right now!




I'm entering the card for Challenge 164 over on the Art Impressions blog. Hop on over and take a look at all the entries!



5 comments:

Angela Boutiller said...

Sweet! Adore the lay out.

LINDA said...

Love your card. Thank you for sharing how you put it together. Cannot wait to try it out.

diane zechman said...

Very sweet cutout! I know the recipient will appreciate this. Well done. Thanks for playing in the Ai In With The New Challenge!

Sharon Caudle said...

What a pretty card, Charne!! I'm sure this card will be very uplifting to the lucky recipient! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Art Impressions!

Dana said...

Fabulous!! Love your coloring with the colored pencils!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Art Impression Challenge!!!