Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Spinning & Laughing

Ahhhh these girls are having so much fun. I just love to laugh like that. You know...until you're out of breath and your cheeks and stomach hurt...That's the way to do it!



I used the Art Impressions 'Laughing Set' for my card.



Since the set is not designed for spinners I had to improvise the stamp for the back. I stamped the image on copy paper, turned it over on a light table and traced the outline. Then I 'imagined' the backs of the ladies. I adhered the two sides together (sandwiching the string in between) and trimmed it and ran a black line around the edges. 

The idea of the spinner card is that you wind the images around a few times and then pop the card into the envelope. When the recipient opens it up, the image spins around in the aperture. Such a cool idea!



I made a tri-fold card so that the background to the spinner is a plain white, but I still have ample room inside the card to add a little note....or maybe even a good joke! A small strip of the same dotted paper I used on the card front helps to tie it all together.




It was fun to make something different again - I do so enjoy interactive cards with bits that move or pop up and to add some interest!




I'm not happy with the splotchy centers on the punched white flowers...but guess I will have to live with them now ;-)

I made this card for the Art Impressions Challenge #170



3 comments:

Elina said...

This is awesome! You've done some great work with the background!

Renee Matarese said...

Boy, this shows what you can do with a little imagination! Such a great idea and it looks like it was meant to be a spinner all along. I'm inspired! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions. ~Renee

Eva said...

Beautiful card!!! Those stamp is so funny!!! ;)