Friday, June 9, 2017

Giant Acorn...

or cute little box?

The other day I just wanted to make something for the fun of it...now I have a tiny little gift box as a result! We had a dry sunny day, sadly so far a bit rare this spring, so I headed outside for a few bright pictures.
The papers are from a Christmas themed paper pack I picked up a few years ago from Michaels. The cardstock is from a Recollections multi-pack



The box is straight forward and easy to put together. Using patterned paper is optional, but I think lining the rounded shape with paper, even be it plain card stock, is a good idea to mimic the smoothness of the nut.



The finished size of my box is 3.5" (9cm) excluding the stem. The total length is 5" (almost 13cm)  At this size I used letter size card stock, but of course one could easily scale it up or down.




The box measures about 2.75"(7cm) in diameter across the opening




It is the perfect size for a small gift of jewelry or even just a little snack. A collection of acorns each containing a different coffee or chocolate, all piled into a bowl would make a great gift. It would also be a practical container for a hostess gift.


 I will definitely have to give that pinecone a try...






No comments: