Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thinking of You - Card


I liked this image from Lili of The Valleyand thought it would work well for an all purpose card.
I took the colour inspiration from some older designer paper I have in my collection and coloured the image with Derwent WC pencils. I find if I leave the digital ink jet images to dry for a few days the ink takes a small amount of water just fine with no, or a very small amount of bleeding.



I used an embossing folder to add interest to the front panel of the easel card as well as a die cut, and sentiment (an older ProvoCraft stamp) and a little bit of ribbon.

I also used dies to cut curved edges on the designer paper strips, on the inside and outside of the card. I added foam under the paper on the front strip to create an edge for the easel part to push against.



I stamped the top half of the card front with Versamark ink and a Friskars rose stamp. I like the way the Versamark ink looks on the kraft paper.




All in all a quick and easy card to make as a reminder to a dear friend that she is in my thoughts.

No comments: